Sunday, October 21, 2018

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window:
Fall has arrived and I could not be happier. The weather, although a lot cooler, has been rainy and gray a lot of days. It makes it hard to leave home in the morning and would be good days to stay inside, in a bathrobe, and cozy up. Although that is not what I have been doing. Its been a busy time for me and I've been doing everything except staying in and getting cozy. 

What I bought lately:
An electric blanket throw for my office. It has been miserable cold and everyone is complaining. One coworker worked in gloves all day. I keep warm socks and slippers at work, and now I'll have an electric lap blanket. 





I am looking forward to:
A business trip that I turned into a 5 day weekend with the husband in Portland, Oregon. I have to admit, this job has its perks. I could not have picked a better place to send myself.  Last year, I got to go to Florida for a long weekend due to work, and in the next couple of months- it looks like it will be February, work will have me in Los Angles for a few days. I can't complain about that aspect of the job. I also get to bring a husband along to make a little vacation out of it. However, getting out of the house has been stressful. A lot to do. Of course, I like to leave the house clean which is an extra layer of stress...... this is probably where having the flylady system firmly in place would have paid off.




Around the house:
I'm trying to just  enjoy the curtains in living room that are finally up, and stop constantly thinking of the next thing that must be done. I am really really happy with my curtain choice. Its made a world of difference in that room. I do kind of have my eye open for curtains in the dining room but I have to slow it all down.... let some money flow in. 






Things coming in my near future:
Moving the entire guest room from my husband's old home to our new home and putting it in the guest room. The old mattress set that is in there now will be tossed out. It has been well used and I think its next stop is the trash.


What I've been reading:
Its your ship, management techniques from the best damn ship in the Navy by D. Michael Abrashoff. Very interesting. Its the story about how one Navy officer turned  the worst Navy ship into the best Navy ship in the fleet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE