Thursday, October 18, 2018

December Daily has arrived- My december daily scrapbooking project


Is it too early to think about Christmas scrapbooking? I learned my lesson last year on how early one must order this in order to participate.

Ali Edwards has a December Daily scrapbook....  program? project? class? ..... whatever you can call it.  Its a memory keeping/scrapbook program that is designed to document each day of your December in real time  and it has been going on every year for MANY years. 

And every year for MANY years  I told myself I was going to participate in then, every single year for YEARS I did not participate in it. 

I have a lot of excuses reasons. All very valid ones. but last year, even though I did not have the time, did not have a desk, and I didn't have the "right" material", I finally committed to doing it and decided I was going to do it no matter what.  Even thought I did not have a desk area (I used the kitchen table), and I did not have the "right stuff" (I waited too late to buy all the material and they were completely sold out). 

Last year, my first year participating, was a do-it-yourself kind of thing. I made do.  There is actually no wrong way and no right way to do it. You don't have to have her products to participate, you can follow along on her blog and her youtube and just DIY it, which is what I did.

and I am so glad I did. 

Like she says, the month of December is filled with so many stories. So many things, unexpected things, happened in December 2017. Some of them great and some not so great, but I am glad I have them documented in real time. 





I got the album at Home Goods and paid $3 for it on clearance. I then just followed the daily prompts.  The first page is just your title page. Mine was simple.  Then the documentation began...... some of the highlights. It snowed! Then, I was really - really sick and worked at home for almost two weeks of work. The first time I had not physically checked into my office for that long of a stretch. I kept calling my boss and saying I was sick but working at home. He finally said, you don't have to tell me, just do it. Construction continued and mirrors and lights went in the bathroom. Then I was surprised with an engagement ring at Christmas.




I'm glad it was all documented. However, I think it would be easier to do with the products designed for this specific task. A specific structure for my photos and stories of December happenings to live in.  I had to order early but here it is.






I think I bought a little more than necessary, but I was excited.




1 comment:

  1. I like this idea. I’ll check her blog out. Thanks for the inspiration .

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE