Sunday, June 24, 2018

Trader Joe's haul







I try to avoid Trader Joes on Sunday, but sometimes it just cant be helped. Sometimes you need/want something that only this little specialty store has and in the name of being prepared for your next work week means you are fighting the traffic and the crowds, and going to Trader Joes on Sunday.

I'm trying to avoid eating any flour products and I specifically went for the pasta. I ended up with black bean pasta, brown rice pasta and regular pasta (for the husband).  For the last few years I've had stomach issues.  The test from the doctors was inconclusive, only said my stomach has an "irritated spot". The nutritionist said flour products were irritating my stomach. Its not gluten because the gluten free bread will do the same thing. It is just something in the flour products that make me feel bad. I go back and forth with avoiding flour products (which is not easy, but makes a big difference). Thus the trip to get pasta from different things, and the pizza crust made from cauliflower. I got two different ones plus some pepperoni to add.

Also got a few snacks for both of us for the work week: bananas, Fuji apples, corn chips, and snack packs of salami and mozzarella cheese.

Got some veggies to cook for the week too. Organic zucchini was only $.99 a pound. I like to use the little spirilizer and fry it up in a skillet with garlic and oil. After work, it takes about 3.8 minutes and that's about all I have the time and patience to do after work. I also got some Brussel sprouts to cook in the oven. That is even easier- cut them in half and throw them in the oven and that's it.



One of the best things Trader Joes sells is cheap flowers. I can not leave the store with a bouquet or three. Today, I got regular white roses and a large bouquet of smaller spray yellow roses. It was about $11 for the whole thing and I got two bouquets for the week, one large one for the kitchen and one small one for beside my bed. 

One negative I have found is that Trader Joe's flowers, although  cheap, do not last as long or look as good as flowers from Whole Foods. Its a trade-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE