Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday Five- Five random things June 2018

1. May 2018 was the hottest May in Louisiana on record. It was miserable. I had to park and walk 3/4 of a mile to Court one Monday morning. It was already 91 degrees at 9:30a. Because the elevators were too crowded and I couldn't be late, I walked a few flights of stairs. I made it on time, but I honestly thought I  was in the beginning of having a heat stroke. I had to take my jacket off (not allowed in Court) and did not put it back on until I was actually walking up to make my arguments. The Judge looked the other way. About 50 years ago, the Courts would close in the summer because it was just too hot. I completely understand that.


2. One of my friends gave me this book at my wedding shower and I LOVE IT. I love it so much I bought the audio book. His big project at work has required him to make a long drive twice a day and he will  listen on his commute.






3.  As much as I want to, and as many project that need some male attention, I've determined that the entire month of June, I will not ask my new husband to do a thing around this house. He has his hands full with a work project and  trying to sell his own house. He has had several people look at the house but no offers.  I know its going to sell. Its in a quiet downtown area, directly across the street from the police department, walking distance to church and school.  He is trying to make that sale sooner rather than later by making it more appealing. Almost all the furniture is out of it, his niece cleaned the inside really well, he power washed the outside, I cleaned up the front porch and the sun room. He is now putting crown molding in the bathroom and painted the red dining room a soft grey.  It looks really good. He wishes he would have done this years ago. 


4. Have you heard of Funny Bunny OPI  nail polish? People are wild about it. Its a summer white. Not like painting you nails with white out (like I did in jr. high), its softer, kind of greyish. Its also sold out everywhere and  its wildly expensive on Amazon. I finally found some today in - of all places- Sally's Beauty Supply. My first impression is... I'm not sure it is for me.... but I'll report in later.

5. The professional wedding photos arrived. I could not be happier. I am so glad we spent a little money and hired a professional photographer. It was really the only place we splurged.  It was so worth it. (photo credit: Jason Hudson Photography).








1 comment:

  1. Your wedding photos are beautiful. I know your marriage is because of God's plan for you and your Mr. That book will only strengthen yalls what God has already put together. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE