Monday, September 24, 2018

Currently- Simple Woman's day book for September 2018

Outside my window:

For the last week or so, I was sure that summer was over and Fall was just around the corner, but I was sadly mistaken.  It has been even more hot and miserable  with a lot of thunderstorms and downpours each afternoon. I am really looking forward to the Fall weather, which is no where in sight.


I am
linked here



I have been neglecting:

Many things including, the roses. They are seriously neglected. I am at the point of asking my husband to run over the bed with a lawnmower and I will just start from scratch with whatever happens to live. Despite having zero attention, I do find a rose every now and again and I'm always surprised.  I credit the fact that I bypassed the Home Depot roses and I drove an hour and a half to a nursery in Lafayette, LA on a David Austin rose shipped over from England. I think these roses really do perform better, even though I have mistreated them. 






I am attempting:

To get back into the Flylady method of home cleaning/organization. I had done it years ago with good results, and now trying to implement it again slowly. I have not committed to a morning routine or an evening routine (or the laundry routine, after dinner routine or the "weekly home blessing"), but I do try to do one load of clothes every morning and the zones each week. I find the daily videos  (here) to be beneficial and also the timer. I typically do not want to do housework after a workday, but I've found I don't have to be in a good mood about it for it to get done. If I can just set the timer and start half-heartedly doing the one little thing I am suppose to do that day, the house looks a lot better.  A few little thing daily really makes a noticeable difference. I think the daily part of it is the key, however, I really am just beginning.


I am also attempting:

Weight watchers. About 16 years ago, I was successful, and kept the weight off for quite some time.  I've half-heartedly started and stopped a few times over the years and here I go again. I discovered I need limits,  boundaries, an  organized, structured program.  Its been  5 weeks and I've lost 3.5 pounds. Slow progress to be sure, but I decided as long as it goes in that direction, I will consider myself successful, no matter how little the drop is. Id like to lose 15 more, but I think, at my age, that may be unrealistic.  My goal is to lose 8 to 10 more pounds.  It has not been terribly difficult,  like everything else, it takes planning and organization. 


I am thankful:

For the time and energy to get things done around the house. It still feels slow, but upstairs closets are being organized, downstairs closets are being organized, a yard sale is being planned, a new rocker came to live on my front porch, my husband's former home, after being on the market for 9 months, has sold and plans for a master closet are in the works. Life has been busy, and projects at home do not go as quickly and easily as you think they should, but I am thankful things are getting done and progress can be seen and felt.



Currently reading:

Each year, I try to read one classic. This year its Emma written by Jane Austen in 1814.  I'm also in the middle of a Bible study, Daniel by Beth Moore.

Looking forward to:

A work trip to Astoria, Oregon in October. I am beside myself excited about this. I LOVE Oregon. The Oregon coast is my favorite place to travel and this will be my third trip and, of course, we are making a little vacation out of it. 

We have been planning a trip to Waco, Texas to the Magnolia Market/Silos/Magnolia Bakery  for quite some time. We tried to go during the Labor day weekend, but two different friends who had been told us it would be too crowded to enjoy. We then said we would go in the middle of September during the week, but its been difficult to plan around two jobs and three houses and all the other commitments and business of life, so it looks like its being rescheduled again. 







2 comments:

  1. I find roses and a few other kinds of flowers are really independent. They’ll either grow and flourish on their own or they will just sit back and wait on you. I have pros and cons on garage sales. But The end result is rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad U are busy & seeing results in your house-hold chores - - I have Roses growing - your Confederate Rose Bushes - my Neighbors tell me "they are beautiful" - and - they truly are !

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE