Monday, September 17, 2018

Productivity

This weekend has been one of the most pleasantly productive days I've had in a long while. I am not sure why it happened but I think sitting  down late Friday night and putting a list together had a lot to do with it.  

The list probably doesn't look as impressive to you as it was for me, but it was a really productive weekend. I think having it written down means you don't waste any time deciding on what to do.

What has also been helpful is attempting to get back into the Fly Lady routines . At one time, I was really following the program and felt on top of things at home. I hope to have those feelings again. I just found  these videos (here) and the daily reminders are a big help. 

It also helped that my husband had to be up and out of the house early Saturday morning, which means I was up and started to tackle things early as well.

Saturday morning I was able to get up, get my breakfast made, clean the kitchen, get dinner in the crockpot and start laundry all before 8:00a.m.  That gave me momentum to then specifically concentrated on the little things that need attention but you never really get around to doing (like finding a home for blowup beds). I also attended Bible Study and went to Walmart.

The two blowup beds have been moved from this closet to that closet, upstairs, downstairs, stuffed in a corner and  generally homeless in my home and it was time for them to have  some sort of a permanent place to live that was out of the way and not taking up valuable real estate.

It started with throwing away the big cardboard boxes they came in and taking a trip to Walmart  for Better Home and Garden under the bed storage bags  and this solved this problem. 

Actually, going to Walmart solved a few issues. I had been wanting this specific polish and putting it on my list meant it actually made it home with me.











I have also been working on organizing the small closet in the entry way (more on this later) and wanted to finish this up. I did not completely finish but almost. I did find a place to keep all the vacuum cleaner attachments and steam mop accessories together.

The  Pioneer Woman's basket.  I really like this one.  This is about the third one I've purchased, and although I don't consider myself having a country aesthetic, I do like a few pretty little floral fabrics here and there.




Another little chore checked off the list was cleaning the glass  French doors in the living room. It just required that I get the squeegee and Windex and just go do it. It took all of 8 minutes. Why did I put this off? Just not assigning a specific time to do it meant it just did not get done.



Sunday..... was not as productive  as Saturday but was still productive in its own little way.  We went to Sunday School, church,  a nice lunch, ran a few errands at the mall and I was in my bathrobe by 6:00 p.m. 

It was a good weekend.




1 comment:

  1. Paragraph 8 is the best! Other than that all those other things you got done was a good start to getting things done.

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE