Tuesday, September 25, 2018

closet organization


A little more closet organization going on. This time its the one in the entry way. It was just crammed full of random things in no order that had no where else to live.  Curtain rods waiting to be hung in the dining room, some old law school books that should probably be thrown out,  Tupperware containers holding bird food.  Frankly, I wasn't sure what was in there, I just knew it was all dusty and the space could be put to better use.  Specifically, I just got a new vacuum and wanted the vacuum and steam mop to live here. 

































First, I took everything out and stacked it on the table, and cleaned the closet (with the steam mop). For  quite a few days, the dining room was looking pretty rough. I slowly started stacking like with like, throwing things out, rearranging and making a plan.

It actually went quicker than I thought it would. I worked on it a couple evenings after work when my husband was working offshore. Why can you accomplish so much in a few evenings alone?  Coming home after a long day of work to get in your pajamas and do a little piddling here and there really works wonders. Plus, sometimes its really enjoyable to take care of my house and get things to run more smoothly, when you have the time and energy to do it. 








For many years, I have kept some Thanksgiving and Christmas magazines. Not all of them, just the ones I particular liked. I  have a couple of Rachael Ray magazines, Southern Lady,  Better Homes and Gardens and Southern Living and Paula Deen. I like to look at them as the season approaches. It puts me in the holiday mood and sometimes I make a menu from the older issues. They are still full of valuable information. I have kept all of the Southern Living Decemeber Christimas issues (all the December issues have a different white cake on the cover) and the Paula Deen Christimas issues.  I sometimes find them at yard sales and will buy the old magazines for $.25.  It turns out,  I had  two or three years which had duplicate magazines (sometimes hard to tell because of all the white cakes). They went in my own garage sale box.   Now, the magazines are all organized  and  in their own spot. 









The finished closet, clean and organized:


My favorite floral Pioneer Woman basket (thanks to my very productive Saturday) holds all the vacuum cleaner and steam mop accessories in one place.


The  Christmas magazines and Thanksgiving magazines are all stashed together on the shelf above that. I did throw out some law books, but one was re-homed to my office and the others I couldn't part with are on the bottom shelf.




The top shelf has all the Bible studies on it. These are Sunday School books, Bible studies I took and Bible studies I taught to high school girls Sunday School, all living in one spot. 



Now, onto the next area............

3 comments:

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE