Thursday, September 20, 2018

cooking- still trying to get the hang of it


We had a hard week around this house with dinners.  It was a perfect storm of late work nights, grumpiness, lack of planning, little organization and too many trips to Chick-Fil-A and there you go. It was just frustrating. 

I finally had it with myself and sat down to think of a plan. The plan included getting to the grocery store and getting some easy to fix things that we both enjoy and freezes well. 



I bough multiples of everything so I don't just have enough to make one pot of red beans, white beans or taco soup, I have enough to make two or three.  Its not fancy menu planning, but when I'm thinking about what to cook, its nice to have things on hand to throw in the crockpot.



I also cooked a roast, rice and gravy, with a little help with the gravy. Because you got to take advantage of a little help wherever you find it.

And because you don't want to eat the same thing over and over and over, I also fixed things that were easily freezable. I typically freeze 2-3 servings. Its so easy to just pull out and have a real meal at the end of the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE