Thursday, January 21, 2016

master bath


 For some reason, I have been struggling making my 2016 goals and I think I've decided to mentally break this year in quarters. The first quarter is going to be focused on getting the rose garden up and running and finally finishing the bathroom.

I'm feeling a strong pull to get the home office up and running well but I think its just because I'm stuck in the master bathroom. It has been put off, pushed back and gone for long stretches being ignored, so the pink steamer and I absolutely can not stop now and re-direct energies to the office. And its just not the office's quarter.

"I am doing a great work and I can not come down" Nehemiah 6:2. Maybe its not as serious as Nehemiah but, when I am on the ladder, this is what I am telling myself. 



Much like the guest room re-do,  my focus has been pulled away by other things, getting house ready for a week worth of company, I'm working overtime, and life in general is getting in the way and its taking some time. Meanwhile, everything is in disarray, dirty and out of place and the ladder has been in the way for weeks. I can't take it out and put it away yet. Its so fun and rewarding to get a project done, but also frustrating when in the middle of it. 

And I keep wondering why I don't just suck it up and hire someone to do this for me.... for whatever reason, I haven't. Proverbs 14:23: "there is profit in hard work" and "let him labor, doing work with his own hands... " Ephesians 4:28. One of my friends has made this bathroom work into a spiritual life lesson. I can't go that far myself, but I think about that correlation when I'm on the ladder. For whatever reason, I am still on the ladder doing it myself and not coming down.

There is some success to report. Currently, there is almost no wallpaper left on the wall. Only one small spot remains. I have started to go back over everything to get the patches of glue that remained. Then I have to go over it once again with a little sandpaper and then it will be ready for a primer. I am planning (hoping) this will all be done by March.(yikes! a deadline!)

I have picked the color (I  think) which is a major accomplishment. Even picking a color took some work. I originally thought I was painting yellow. I swatched a least six yellows but couldn't find the right one, then moved onto blue. Again, after putting up several test spots, couldn't find a blue. Next was grey.... and.... finally....a color has been picked.

 
 
I have also made some other decisions. There will be white fluffy bathmats and shower curtain. I already have the curtains and curtain rods.  The curtains are a light gold colored with medallions and match the ones in the attached bedroom (like these but in cream and gold). 
 
I also got my first gift for the new bathroom. My friend got me a candle and some handmade soap.
 
 
 
So...2016 projects continue.
 
 
 
 
Brand Logo HMLP 2015 ©
 
 
 
Friendship Friday
 
 
I'm linked here with tweak it Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbie! This looks like A LOT of work! I feel your pain, we are working on our rental house trying to get it ready to rent again - our last renters really tore the place up. Taking down wallpaper - whoosh - tiring. I took down the paper in an entire room and didn't really learn the "trick" until I got more than half way through. I'm gonna keep an eye on your progress here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbie! This looks like A LOT of work! I feel your pain, we are working on our rental house trying to get it ready to rent again - our last renters really tore the place up. Taking down wallpaper - whoosh - tiring. I took down the paper in an entire room and didn't really learn the "trick" until I got more than half way through. I'm gonna keep an eye on your progress here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE