Sunday, January 3, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook- Sunday Jan. 3, 2016


Outside my window:
Cooler weather arrived and I am pretty over the moon about it, although its been gray and raining too. Its still much more enjoyable than the 80 degree humid Christmas weather.

I am:
Fighting a little fever, sore throat, congestion and generally not feeling energetic. I had the last 3 1/2 days off which I've mostly spent snuggled down on the couch in front of a fire.

I am Listening to:
Currently, the dog snoring on his pet bed  and the burning fireplace. All is quiet.

I am watching:
I just watched War Room movie on Amazon. It was only $5.99 to rent but its 75% off until Monday  (here). So I paid $1.25

I am watching, part 2:
The birds at the feeder in the back yard. There are a lot of them today. The dog has been joining me in the watching, but with more interest.

I am planning:
2016 goals with Lara Casey's goal planning series here and some books I want to read in 2016.

I am planning, part 2:
Because I don't feel good, I've been slow to start putting Christmas away. It also takes extra time to organize by color, so I am deep in the middle of that and the house shows it. I am slowly getting the bins down and going at it, but they are all sitting on my dining room table, making the house look a little chaotic and unorganized.  


I am reading:
I'm between books, which is rare. I'm awaiting The Finishing School to arrive, and after seeing War Room, I'm starting Fervent.

From the Kitchen:
I'm in  the Hallway: The last of the New Years Day left over blackeye peas, cabbage, ham and cornbread was eaten for lunch. I put beef stew in the crockpot yesterday and packaged up for lunch at work. Since I've been feeling under the weather, a friend brought me some chicken gumbo for dinner.

Quote:
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind, some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat and I'm ready you see, now my troubles are going to have trouble with me." Dr. Seuss

I'm linked here

5 comments:

  1. I love both of your quotes. Praising God in the hallway is a brilliant idea!! And I am going to get me a bat so that I can join Dr. Seuss in dealing with my troubles. My brother recently moved to Louisiana. He loved the weather this Christmas. Compared to our 12 degree here in Kansas. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. War Room is an awesome movie!! I love the "Until God" quote! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you feel better! We suddenly has some coughing and sneezing coming from one of the kids this weekend. How long before I get it? ;) Our high is 19 degrees today, so I have 2 crockpots filled with vegetable beef and barley stew for dinner with homemade bread. Dinner tonight; dinner tomorrow! (We might hit 20 degrees tomorrow...) I've been wanting to see War Room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I am visiting from the link up. I hope you feel better. I love your qoute. I may have to put that movie on my list for hubby and I to watch. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful happy year. Hope you feel better soon. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the warm welcome to the Daybook community! I hope you are feeling better soon. I've been wanting to see The War Room too, it's on the list. I love the quote you chose, so perfect in many ways right now!
    Peace,
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE