Monday, January 4, 2016

Reading list for 2016: The short list of plans

  1. Are you Fully Charged by Tom Rath
  2. The Finishing School  by Valerie Woerner (there is a book club too)
  3. Once a Great City by David Maraniss
  4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  5. Jane Erye by Charlotte Bronte (my best friend who is a high school English teacher recommended this when I asked her what classics I should read)
  6. Extreme Ownership by Jacko Willink
  7. Wake up Happy by Michael Strahan (reading this now)
  8. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson (true story of an American hiker who stumbled upon a village in Pakistan who befriended him and he ended up building 55 schools in Pakistan)
  9. Law Man by Shon Hopwood (also a true story)
  10. More than a Hobby by David Green (Another true story of the founders of Hobby Lobby)
  11. Fervent by Priscilla Shirer
  12. The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobbie,
    This is a great list! I read 3 cups of tea years ago, (this spoiler isn't about the book, just the aftermath) and sadly much of the story ended up being untrue, there was a big scandal, and his co-author even killed himself. Mr Mortenson is trying to make amends now --the Washington Post has a good article about that here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/mortenson-returns-to-afghanistan-trying-to-move-past-his-three-cups-of-tea-disgrace/2014/10/12/9774ae90-402f-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

    I only mention this because I remember how hurt I felt after getting behind his story. There is still a lot of good in the world, and the book is an uplifting read, I just wanted to let you know (I hope this isn't too forward!)

    Peace,
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE