Wednesday, April 4, 2018

wedding shower

My friend Kim texted me about 10:30 one night when I was already in bed and half asleep. She told me she and Kay were hosting a wedding shower.  I was stunned. I was so surprised.  The thought had not even crossed my mind! They did everything and kept it all a surprise. They only once asked my opinion. 























For the one opinion they requested, I said I wanted a small shower with only my closest friends, only the people who knew how much this meant to me, who had first hand saw the surprise and devastation, saw me (helped me) walk out of it, and  knew that the difficult days were behind me and their prayers had been answered on a blind date with a widower.



He was timid, but he stuck his head in the shower when it was almost over. So many people said the same thing when they met him..... "I've been praying for you. You have no idea...."  He was overwhelmed. At one point he just stayed in the corner with cake while one by one he was being interrogated vetted. He had never been to a shower before , didn't know what to expect, but he was overjoyed and he absolutely loved it. We talked about it for many days afterward. It was honestly one of the best days of my life. I think it was the same for him. He had to deal with trauma in his recent past too. 







I had been an answered prayer for him too. Each family member was just giddy meeting me. His nieces came by one at a time to hug me and all tell me the same thing. Everyone with big smiles and tears in their eyes. He is such a great guy. They are so happy he found me.




I honestly expected a very simple shower.  But I was blown away by how nice everything was. The beautiful cake, the decorative cookies and shower favors to take home and just celebrating and being loved on by my friends, barefoot, in the kitchen. 









After the shower, we moved to the backyard for a few candid and a few frame worthy photos. It was a really good day.







3 comments:

  1. It was perfect. Prayers were answered.
    He is perfect for you. You are loved.
    God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie - it's so amazing to see God Blessing You & Randy as a Couple. God truly answers Prayers !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! This wedding shower is so beautiful! They look gorgeous together. I am also getting married this year and my friends are planning a pre-wedding photoshoot and a wedding shower for me. They have finalized a very pretty event space NYC and I am super-excited about it.

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE