Saturday, March 31, 2018

Simple Woman's Daybook- Easter 2018

Where I've been:
I kind of abandoned this little blog space. SO many things have been needing attention elsewhere and there are a long list of other "reasons", but.... for now.... here I am again.

In fact, I am only here because I'm stealing some time from the Easter preparations (currently laundry and kitchen clean up) to sit with my coffee, look out the glass doors and create an electronic keepsake of my pondering. But I'm going to have to get busy soon.


Outside my window:  
It is probably the nicest day of the year. Sunny and bright and cool. The temp is 66 and it is suppose to get into the low 70's today. I wish every day could be this nice.... humidity is my enemy.

I am looking forward to:
SO many things:
  • Easter Sunday: I "accidently" invited 15 people to my house for dinner.  I was expecting my new mother in law and brother in law, and asked my almost husband if there were any crew members on his boat stuck here without a home to go to for Easter. That led to inviting other stray cats who may not have a family home for Easter and the one thing led to another and now we expect 15, which brings me to my second thing...

  • The almost husband is cooking Easter. I picked up a honey baked ham and he is making roast, green beans, white beans, corn bread,  and rice, because....

  • A root canal on Tuesday morning. Yes. I am looking forward to this. I've been in a lot of pain for the last few days, Missed two days of work, been on antibiotics that make my tummy hurt and pain pills that make me have weird dreams (talking puppies). I am ready to get this over with. This will also be the first time the almost husband gets to take care of me after dental work, which brings me to my next thing...



  • Ozarks trip. My wedding April 26. A small, low-key, quiet thing in a little chapel in the woods.  We are getting a small cake and some flowers from Walmart. The "reception" will be at a little family owned restaurant, outside if its warm and inside by the fire place if its cooler. The only thing we spent money on was a professional photographer. I originally wanted just a nice day dress to get married in, then changed my mind and did buy a wedding dress, but it was on the clearance rack at David's Bridal. (this one). 







I
am reading:



  • 20 ways to make everyday better by Joyce Meyers. My Thursday night ladies Bible study is starting this book in a few weeks, I've already got a jump on it. I'm in chapter 6.

  • The Patriarchs by Beth Moore. My Saturday morning ladies Bible study group is starting this one. I know its overly ambitious of me to try and do both studies at the same time, but, I'm thinking the Joyce Meyer book is not going to take a lot of time or studying. I have been wanting to go back and do some of Beth Moore's older studies that I missed. (I think I may have done this one before.. about 20 years ago... but I cant remember, I probably started it then didn't finish it.)


 Around the house:


This is still a sore subject and one that I feel will have no end. There is plenty of complaining I can do, but....

The progress:

I hired my friend's teenage son and he has been a little laborer. He has "cleaned out" the garage, really he just threw away what I told him to and moved everything else to one side and swept it. He also washed off some things I'm still trying to keep. That Amite River mud wont let go. There is still plenty more cleaning out to do in there.

He also emptied the room above the garage and stacked everything in a different upstairs bedroom.  I need to rethink some storage. The upstairs is no longer going to be a catch all but is going to be the husband's home office. Where will my Christmas tree go? Its a mystery.

The plan is to get carpet  on the back stairs and in the upstairs room before the wedding, so he can seamlessly just move right in. I am simultaneously working on my home office, which is a bedroom on the other side of the house, also upstairs.  I hired a professional painter to come in and touch up the downstairs and said, while your here you may as well paint this upstairs bedroom too. I was tired of the green walls years ago and after living up there for a year or more (with a dog), it needed to be refreshed. (understatement).








A quote to share

 




I am linked at Simple Woman Daybook here

I am linked at Friendship Friday here

1 comment:

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE