Wednesday, March 25, 2015

2015 goals in action: a garden project

 
Remember when I was complaining about not having time to do little craft projects like other people seem to have time to do? (here) 
 
A lazy weekend full of sunny Spring weather and $35 later, a little project is finished. If you follow me on Instagram (button to follow me is on Right  side) you'll know that my project little herb garden for my kitchen window sill was the big accomplishment for Sunday.
 
I had been kicking the idea in my head around and sat down with my Lara Casey 2015 Goal planning sheets  and focused a little more on my house project and goals and then put some step by step planning into it. 
 
 
 


I had been half-heartedly searching for the pots here and there and  found several that would have worked, but nothing that made me stop and commit to it.  Until I found these three somewhat matching, but not identical, little pots at Tuesday Morning for $6.99 each.

Having the pots made it easier to get the herbs. I picked sweet basil and oregano from wholefoods for $2.50 each and peppermint from walmart for $3.50, along with a bag of good house soil for $4.45. I already had some garden gravel in the garage.

Added unexpected benefit is that I am feeling really accomplished and this little herb garden has made me so happy just to look at it each day and my kitchen smells delightful!

I'm linked here


I'm Lovin It Party at TidyMom.net every week!

im linked here



im linked here

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh, I love those herbs in the little pots. So adorable. Great job! Susan

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE