Thursday, April 16, 2015

illuminators/highlighters: a tour of my makeup

First, here is a great Youtube video on steps to a flawless face (I could listen to her accent all day) and a part of it includes use of highlighers.

Second, its no surprise I love illuminators/highlighters and third, I actually have less than I thought and I see no hoarding problem at all (like I clearly have with primers here).

Here is a Youtube video singing the praises of  many higher priced Illuminators and giving good cheaper alternatives in the drug store and also telling you which ones to steer clear of (and suggesting something I have never thought of... you can mix the cheaper ones with your body lotions to make your whole body glow a little).

In my cleaning/decluttering, all of these are going right back in this makeup drawer organizational system I already put in place. I don't think any of mine will be eliminated, as I love and use them all.  And, I can't even pick a favorite, because I really do love them all.

 
Some of my favorites:

I've been vocal with the praises of Becca before (here) and they remain one of my favorite things (not just favorite makeup.... its one of my favorite things). I have not branched out into their other makeup products but this trio of illuminaters are one of the best products I own.

Estee Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer was my first real introduction, when I went to the makeup counter for this bb cream (that I love) and left with the illuminating primer too. The makeup artist sat me down in her chair one Saturday to find the right color and added the illuminate on as well. I don't use it as a primer, only on top of makeup, and it is very subtle, while still being effective.

The NYX Born to glow liquid luminator was a spur of the moment purchase at Ulta that I get a lot of compliments on. I've even given it as a gift, everyone tells me how great I look when I wear it. Here is an indepth youtube video tutorial on the NYX with a step by step instruction and a review of the two colors available.

I do have a couple of complaints, but they are relatively minor, like, why is the Mally undereye brightner in such a BIG jar, its impossible to take a small amount out of that big jar?!


I am linked here








Im linked here at Agape Love

Friendship FridayShow Off Friday

I'm linked here at Friendship Friday
I'm linked at Show Off Friday

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you love and use all your illuminators. I go through stages with mine. At the moment I love my Dr LeWinns illuminator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Visiting from Show Off Friday. I love illuminators and highlights too! I really like MAC's Shimpagne and Soft & Gentle, unfortunately they were limited edition, but luckily a little goes a long way! Thanks for sharing your collection!

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE