Monday, January 26, 2015

chicken tortillini soup

Everyone at work is so impressed that I make my own chicken soup. Like put the chicken in the water with veggies and make stock, then pick the chicken off the bone kind of chicken soup. Real home made chicken soup.



 




 
No one believes me that it is so easy.
 
I don't even measure. I literally throw everything in.
 
I cover with water. 
 
It cooks on low all Saturday morning while I do the laundry, sweep, read, or lay on the couch.
 
After a few hours, basically when I feel like returning to it because it has no set time it needs to cook, drain, reserving the broth, pick off the chicken, add fresh veggies (because the carrots and celery have turned to mush), and return to a boil. I sometimes throw in a chicken cube.
 
Throw in some cheese tortellini for three minutes... yes. literally... three minutes....  and viola!
 
Homemade Chicken soup for the week.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's very Tasty on these cccccooooollllllld winter days !

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE