Wednesday, January 7, 2015

butternut squash soup

Pinterest is a buzz with recipes for butternut squash soup (here), and frankly, I wish I would have consulted it before starting this one.

This came from more of an intuition of what would work rather than an actual recipe.

It  all started when I found the Butternut frozen organic squash on sale at Wholefoods for $1.89 a bag. I don't really know what to do with it, but I do know enough to know is an excellent price and I should immediately take advantage of this deal.

I've made other blended soup before (asparagus is my favorite), and my plan was to just replace one veggie with another.

It worked.





I browned a chopped onion in butter, added the bag of frozen squash and chicken broth and cooked for about an hour on very low, then mashed it all together (I like it thick) with some salt and pepper.

Pinterest says I should have added an apple and some cumin. Next time, that is happening.

Butternut squash is delicious.


2 comments:

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE