Sunday, July 1, 2018

one box a day



I am overwhelmed with a lot of things including the upstairs. Part of the problem is I don't know where to start and so I give up everytime I think of working up there. Another part of the problem is it is frustrating and I don't want to be frustrated.  Maybe the biggest part of the problem is I really don't have anywhere for all this random stuff I saved from the flood to live downstairs and everything is kind of dusty. It is just a mess. And who wants to get themselves in a mess?




For instance.... Lightbulbs. I don't have a designated spot. Before the flood they all lived in one shelf in the standing cabinet by the stacked washer and dryer. Now, that cabinet, like most everything else I owned and my organized systems, is gone. In place is a new washer and dryer that is not stackable but a side by sde. thus there is no room for a cabinet next to it. There is a  new cabinet above it, but it is currently holding all the laundry items, the iron, the paper plates and cups and plastic storage bags and it just cant hold everything. 

So that is the delimina in a nut shell. There is no place for the lightbulb to live. And all this mental energy, angst, frustration, and time for just a lightbulb. Its just easier to let the light bulb, and everything else, just sit upstairs then to try and figure all this out. Its frustrating.

That's just the lightbulb. I've found one used  shelf bracket, two parts of a 5 tier shelving unit (where is the rest of it? should I save it and try and find the rest of it? who knows...), one shoe that I love and keep thinking the other one will turn up, a flashlight, a purse that has white paint on it, and one VHS movie. 



The only thing that seems to be working is, for the last few weeks, I've been making myself fill one box at a time and bring it downstairs. I sit in on the dining room table then deal with everything in box over the course of a few day. 

The plates slowly make it to the dishwasher, some get thrown away because the flood water stained them. When I am piddling around I look around for a spot where all the lightbulbs can live. It has also helped a lot that the husband put up some shelves in the  garage and that's where the lightbulbs are going to live.

Slowly, slowly. One box at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE