Tuesday, July 24, 2018

My MM Lafleur experience

 My only other experience with a subscription based clothing box has been with stitchfix, and that is hit and miss. Sometimes they send just the right thing and other times it a big miss. I find I buy a lot of casual clothes from Stitchfix and no clothes for work.

That's where MM Lafleur comes in. Its a subscription box of nothing but professional office attire.  Its a little different than stitchfix in that you are assigned a personal stylist who contacts you through email, text and phone calls. Its more personal service. It is only professional office clothes and it is much more expensive. I thought it might be a good way to get one nice dress for work every so often. 

The process was easy and it arrived at the door very nicely packaged. 



And the clothes were in a heavy ziplock type bad with a nice zipper. It was impressive. 



A nice scarf was included.  I really liked it. It was not my color and, although I understand you have to pay a little more to look your best, I was not ready to pay that much for a scarf.  I was not even in the market for a scarf, even a nice one.



There was also a belt. A very nice belt. Also not my color. I am in general, not a fan of belts.

These two decisions were immediate and easy ones to make. They was no doubt both of these were going back.


The black jacket was made of very nice heavy material and I wished it would have fit me. It was a weird fit.  The arms were not long enough, it was tight in the shoulders, it was just not a good fit. Same with the only blouse that was included. There was too much fabric and it looked like I had been swallowed. I am not a fan of the color. It was a washed out pink tone. It was not for me. Both of these decisions were quick and easy ones. No second guessing. Its going back.





The other decisions turned out to be easy as well. There was a total of 4 dresses, but I only got a shot of two of them. They were all similar in style and similar in fit and they did not fit. I really liked a navy one and would have strongly considered purchasing it, but it was a weird fit. The price was a little scary, but not outrageous. It was what I expected. It was higher than a nice dress at Dillards or Talbots (when it is not on sale).



In the end, I packed everything up in its nice wrappings and returned it all. Overall, I was disappointed.  The quality is really good and it certainly is convenient to have it shipped right to you. I really like the presentation, and the clothes were very nice, but it just fit me funny.  It was not for my coloring.

I have a friend who said the same thing.

I understand it takes a few tries for the stylist to get to know you and what colors would be best for you (navy- not light pink) and I might give it another shot.... and I might not.  The fit was really off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE