Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Currently- Simple Woman's Day Book- May 14, 2018

Outside my window:


Its hot and I am miserable. That was one of the reasons I had a very difficult reentry to work, that and SO much work. Its going to take months to catch up. But taking two weeks off work was worth it. I honeymooned  (it was in the 60s!) and then spent the last part of it sitting on the couch with multiple cups of coffee looking at the bird feeder   getting a few house projects completed.

Around the house:


Before the flood, what use to be the upper cypress cabinets in the kitchen are now painted white and hanging in the laundry room. I also got  a countertop in the laundry room above the new washer and dryer and I am not exaggerating that I have always-always-always-always wanted one and I absolutely love it. The laundry room suddenly shaped up. Still no floor, but ....

























The stairs and upstairs room have carpet and his china cabinet moved in as well, which was very beneficial since I had no furniture at all.
 





















What I'm planning:

Hiring my friend's teenage son for more help organizing and moving things. Its incredible how much energy a 16 year old boy has.


Ive been enjoying:

Piddling around the house. I've cooked big breakfast each morning and elaborate dinner each night. China has been added to one of the china cabinets and two TVs are hooked up and for the first time in two years, cable has been installed. I re-arranged and organized the closet and the dressers to fit in the husband's things. I've moved  half of his pantry into my pantry and I've sat on the swing and taken a nap on the couch every afternoon. I've met friends at TJ Maxx and Marshalls in the middle of the day.  I have had some leisurely lunches out while running errands with the new husband. I really enjoyed it all. But real life started again and its all I can do to get home and take a nap. I'm worn out.


What I'm reading:

Everyday I'm Hustling by Vivica A. Fox. This is partially a book about what has happened to her in her life and career and partially an advice book. Its very interesting. She clearly has worked hard and made some smart decisions. She is also a Christian. 

Bare Bones by Bobby Bones. I actually never heard of this guy but my friend told me he had a compelling story and he really does. He is a pretty well known radio personality, grew up really poor with an alcoholic mother. Its just nice to read success stories from people who are very unlikely to be successful in their life. 





I'm linked here

No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE