Sunday, May 27, 2018

Getting back in the swing of things- cooking

Its shocking but its true. If you live upstairs without a kitchen and stop cooking for a year and a half, you literally forget how to cook.

I found it was incredibly easy to get out of the habit of cooking, and no matter how much I once enjoyed it, it has been hard to get started again.

I've started slowly. With a frozen pizza.

BBQ chicken pizza- made from a cauliflower vegetable pizza crust. Instead of making my own, I just started with a good one and added fresh mozzarella, sliced chicken breast and bbq sauce. It was a BIG hit.  I did however, drop it in the oven and make a HUGE mess. I blame my re-learning curve.





Red beans and rice. I put them in the crockpot one morning before I went to work. When I got home,  I added a can of red beans to help them along and make them a little more creamy and flavorful. It was just a little cooking aide. 

PB&J bars I'm pretty proud. This is something I can say I really cooked from scratch. It took me quite a while, and the kitchen is a complete mess, but I've got some delicious treats. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE