Sunday, August 16, 2015

A little glimpse of the guest room

Continuing on with my 2015 goals and house projects  

I'm not doing enough to say the guest room is being re-decorated,  I think of it as a little guest room refreshing. I am trying to do everything really cheap.


 I never liked this switch plate, a $3 can of  white spray paint made me like it a little better.

 

New bedspread from TJ Maxx. Its a light summer quilt. It was $39. The $2 light blue pillow shams from the yard sale coordinate really well and may be one of the best purchases I have made in quite a while. They are very nice shams. The blue sheers were moved around from another room.
 
I am now on the lookout for a rug, a bed skirt,  a small end table and two matching lamps. I also need something for one wall above a dresser, but I'm sure I will find something to move around in the house for that spot.
 
I went looking at TJ Maxx this weekend, but nothing jumped out at me. I'm going to visit a larger TJ a few miles from me, and look for a yard sale again next weekend.  But, I get impatient and want the room to be pulled together, but still want the thrill of pulling it together really cheap.  And honestly, the really cheap part is just as much fun as the refreshing the room part. I do love the hunt.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE