Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window:

Is it going to rain every single day this summer? It appears so. I am not a fan. But it does make for some pretty spectacular sunsets, of which I am a fan.






















I am looking forward to:

Living downstairs again. Its been over 11 months and it is really starting to grate on my very.     last.     nerve.

I am looking forward to, part 2:

Four slabs of  white thunder granite with my name on it is making its way to my house now. Its last known location was New Orleans (allegedly). Its suppose to arrive "this week". (which is a special code my contract talks in where time does not mean what you think it means.... I haven't deciphered it yet.... "this week" means maybe next month? who knows? 2 weeks? cross your fingers? I'm beginning to think "New Orleans" is code as well.... it could mean Savannah? Dallas? New Delhi? who really knows....)

 Around the house:


I have to admit. It is starting to  kind of look like a real house again. The progress:


The built in china hutch in the breakfast nook. The carpet choice (last one on second row named Music Center) for the second stairs and upstairs room. The kitchen cabinets are painted (!!) and the view from the kitchen to the living room.




I am listening to:

Peaceful piano playlist on Spotify:  I read (here) that listening to instrumental music helps when you are on your very last nerve while working and increases productivity and focus. I need more of that. So far, I give it a big thumbs up.

I listening to, part 2:

Loyal Books. I just discovered it. Its free classic audio books. I have a goal to read more classics. So far I've read, The Great Gatsby (written in 1922) and Jane Eyre (written in 1847).


I am watching:

Netflix and not much else. I'm both patting myself on the back for having some TV to watch and ashamed of myself for wasting so much time on Netflix.  So far, I've watched every episode of the crown and the tudors and started watching the British Baking Show. My current obsession problem downfall interest is watching 90210, the old show I watched when I was in high school that they made a remake years later...  I am sucked in. I usually watch 2-3 episodes at a time (no commercials so it takes less than 2 hours to watch three shows), but sometimes I slip into a coma and stay up until midnight watching 4 or 5 back to back and then wonder where all my time went and why I'm so sleepy every morning. I've watched more movies in the last month than I have in the last year (like this one). Its pretty convenient to put it on the laptop while I crawl into bed but then, suddenly its two (or five) hours later... and refer to above comment.

I am reading:
 

I try not to start two Bible studies at the same time, but sometimes it just can not be helped.... but it is hard to keep up with. Thursday night Bible study at church, Fervent by Priscilla Shirer  and Saturday morning Bible study at church, 5 habits of a woman who doesn't quit by Nicki Koziarz. I am the one who chose the 5 habits book, so I have no one to blame but myself.  I read very little fiction, but just finished the The Lost Letter and I loved it.

I am cooking:

I am sure I have forgotten how to cook. See the state of the kitchen above.....

Quote to share:


Image result for success doesn't come from what you do occasionally




I am linked at Simple Woman Daybook here

1 comment:

  1. Fervent is a wonderful study. I think you will enjoy it and learn a lot. My study group just went to hear Priscilla speak based on Fervent. It was a fabulous night of prayer.

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE