Tuesday, November 27, 2018

flylady weekly home blessing hour- little and often



I feel like I've been somewhat fighting against the flylady system more than embracing it.  Embracing the little and often method and leaving the marathon cleaning session mentality - its been a job and the flylady is trying to rewire my thinking.

The flylady weekly home blessing hour system is one system I had been avoiding putting into place, although now that I've been doing it I don't know why I was so reluctant to start it. 

The system is designed to all work together, and since I knew I wasn't doing the entire system, and I'm feeling bad about that, I didn't think this sprucing up would work to make a difference. I guess the only way we'll know is to start doing it and we will see.

So, I am already spending time questioning the system instead of spending time just working the system. This is the exact reason I need the system. 

I also wrestled with exactly when to implement this weekly home blessing. I finally settled on Saturday morning which is what she advises anyway. 

The basic system is in  this video  (and here is another example
).






The system is a 60 minute time frame to:

  • strip the bed and start washing the sheets (I usually do this on Mondays)
  • clean all mirrors 
  • empty all trashcans
  • vacuum all floors
  • mop the bathroom and kitchen (I ended up doing the dining room, entry way and bedroom as well)
  • dust (my least favorite thing to do)
  • pick up books and magazines
Of course, I had trouble with following directions. I added a few things and wanted to add a few more and had to stop myself.  The whole point is to do these little things often, (little and often) not to turn it into a marathon all day cleaning and exhaust yourself and keep you from doing it again next week. 

I did end up adding to the list filling all the outside bird feeders. It seemed like the right time to do this each week. I also added mopping all the floors and not just the bathroom and kitchen. Because it goes pretty quick with a fabreeze swifter, and when else am I going to do it?

I wanted to add  doing laundry, clean the bathroom and clean the kitchen but I know theses things are included in other routines, one of which (the morning routine) I have not started yet.

But I have started this one and the little and often continues on....



No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE