Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Being blessed in the long run- Fly Lady Evening Routine- the 5p to 10p plan

She calls the evening routine, the most important part of the system. My pastor calls it the 5p to 10p plan. The flylady suggest you put this into place first. My pastor says its not going to just fall in place, you have to actually put it in place. I have not done this. Instead, my routine is struggling along. 

I do typically clean the kitchen before bed, but one day last week, as I was unpacking some boxes from my husband's last home, looking for a place to put things, and had dishes, glasses, and silverware everywhere, I just went to bed and left the kitchen a disaster.  I woke up to a mess. 

Remembering  that feeling of starting the day already behind is enough for me to finally turn my attention to get this system up and running.



My evening routine, it sounds like a lot, but in reality it gets done pretty quick:

Come home and feed everyone (Jack the cat included). 
Sometimes this happens at 5:30p, sometimes at 6:30p, and occasionally at 7:00 or later. My husband asked me recently, don't you want to sit down and rest first?  No, in fact, I do not. That is the last thing I want to do, because I wont get up and start anything else.  So I am learning how to best approach this. I need to start immediately.  I've also learned that after working all day, I usually do not want to cook much. I depend heavily on having leftovers or something in the crockpot, or something very fast and uncomplicated. Tonight we had hashbrowns, eggs and sausage. Last night we had chicken breast and baked potato, the night before we had cereal. Tomorrow, its soup in the crockpot.


If I have really been on the ball about it, on Sunday evening, I have cooked and planned  and shopped and only have to consult the planner for the week and wont have to fret much about it. Most of the time, its not that easy. Except for Jack the cat. He always get the same thing.




Fill the ice box with drinks from the garage. I like to keep the top shelf full of cold drinks ready to grab.



Put the husband's lunch box away (in freezer for tomorrow) and empty out the Tupperware containers from my purse into a sink of hot soapy water.



My husband will usually sit in the beakfast nook visiting then we eat together.    



The dishes go in the dishwasher and it gets turned on for the night. 



The kitchen gets a  good wipe down and all counters are clear. Sometimes I do this and sometimes he does this. We don't take turns, its mostly whoever feels like doing it at the end of the night.



Schedules in day planner are checked.  Where do I have to be in the morning? Is there a court appearance to dress up for? Do I need to leave earlier than usual? Will I be leaving from home to the office or to an appointment? Will it be rainy and cold? Do I need a jacket?His schedule is checked as well.





While dinner is cooking, lunch and dinner tomorrow are being planned. Something is taken out of the freezer or I sit down and make an online order from Walmart or Sams, or if I did my Sunday routine work, I just check the planner and the fridge. Left overs from dinner are packed for lunch the next day.

Same goes for clothes, when I figure out what I have to do, then I figure out what I have to wear to do it. Most of the time, I just leave it as an idea living overnight in my head.





On the rare occasion, I can actually plan ahead and get something laid out, just like a third grader. These are the days I always look the cutest. When I take the time the night before to find my outfit and just put it on in the morning, it is always a win. My goal is to always have this out and to have a designated place in a nice organized closet (when it gets built) to put my next day outfit, like Diane in Denmark (here)  and Dominique Sachse (here).

I am suppose to do my 15 minutes fly lady routine here, but, this is hit and miss......

Currently reading before bed 


A hot bath, my skin care routine (Mary Kay anti-aging), and reading and relaxing and in bed by 10p.

That's the 5 to 10 plan atleast. 



1 comment:

  1. It's such a joy to finally meet Jack, the Cat. ! He's much cuter than I imagined. I look forward to feeding him again when U & Hubby are out of town - - maybe I'll actually get to pet him.

    ReplyDelete

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE