Sunday, October 7, 2018

Yard Sale


Two Tylenol, two cups of coffee, two thunder showers, Chick-Fil-A- lunch sitting on the swing, a surprise flower delivery and $90 later, the yard sale feels like a shaky success, even though it didn't feel that way most of the day and certainly didn't start out feeling that way.

Yard sales are hard. I forget that every time I am getting ready for one.The kitchen counter became the command center for the last few days, and the entry way was the staging area. Everything was out of place, messy and a little dirty and then you have to get up at 5a on Saturday to pull everything out and that is the point it gets not fun fast.











 I really didn't have a lot of things to get rid of, so invited a couple of friends to bring their stuff over, which I ended up buying one brand new Kate Spade purse and started the day $50 in the hole. But yard sales really are not for making much money. What was it for?  I am not sure. 









In the middle of the sale, a surprise arrived. Flowers from my husband. It certainly wasn't because I was super sweet  that morning. 

But now that the sale is over, I can say it was somewhat fun and it feels like progress to get rid of a few things, and I do enjoy having the few extra dollars.... and the new purse and the flowers!


 







The best part of the day was dragging everything in and taking a nap on the couch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE