Friday, October 26, 2018

My 5 day weekend in Oregon

I have to admit that one of the most enjoyable perks about my job is the business travel. I don't get to do it a lot, but at least once a year, I end up with a big trip. Last year it was Florida. This time its Portland.  I then turned a two day business trip into a five day weekend with the husband.









Even though it was not the time I would have chosen to take a getaway (busy chaotic time for us both), he agreed that you have to take advantage of these things when they fall into your lap.

I had been to Oregon twice before, and honestly, it is the nicest place I had ever visited. I could not have picked a better place to send myself  other than Portland.







I had never been to Portland this late in the year  and I was looking forward to some fall colors. I was not disappointed.  It was so chilly and  beautiful.





We then unexpectedly took a road trip to Spokane. Eastern Washington was not as scenic as one might think it would be. It was a dessert. 




But the company was good and we got to hang out at the hotel eating cookies in our PJs and breakfast by the fire while it was 35 degrees outside.







Of course we saw a great deal of fog. In fact, we were totally fogged in for two mornings. That was disappointing. I had planned to see some sights on the coast, and the fog made it impossible.  We hung around Portland some more instead.






But I am not complaining. Portland was gorgeous. Sunny and cold.








It was a good trip and I'm so glad we got to turn it into a long weekend. 

2 comments:

BOBBIE LATELY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE